TULSA - Ready for Halloween?
Many people enjoy visiting Haunted Houses during this time of year but where are the real haunted locations in the area?
2NEWS has compiled a list of places rumored to be haunted in and around Green Country.
1. Gilcrease Museum - The Gilcrease Museum houses one of the world's most extensive and renowned collections of Native American and Western art and artifacts. Thomas Gilcrease passed away in 1962. It is said that the philanthropist's ghost has been seen and heard haunting the museum.
2. Brady Theater - According to local legend, famed opera singer Enrico Caruso died of pleurisy just one year after an open-air carriage ride on a cold and wet Oklahoma day while on tour in the area. It is said that his ghost still haunts the Brady Theater for causing his death.
3. Haunted Train Tracks - Though the exact location is unknown, legend has it that four children died playing chicken on a particular set of train tracks in Tulsa. Some believe that if you park your car in this location the ghosts of the children will push your car off the tracks and leave dirty handprints on it.
4. Spotlight Theater - Local legend says footsteps can be heard coming from the costume room and strange scratch marks can be seen on the wall in the basement.
5. Murdoc's Mansion - It is believed this mansion was once located near 111th and Sheridan. One day the mansion burned down and people began to visit the site of the old mansion for fun. It is said that these adventurous individuals reported sensing an "eerie" feeling when they stepped foot on the property.
6. Constantine Theater - The theatre is located in Pawhuska, in Osage County. The building is said to be haunted by the ghost of Sappho Constantine Brown, the daughter of George Constantine. While the building was undergoing restoration, workmen claimed to hear phantom footsteps and saw an apparition of a young girl.
7. Philbrook Museum - The statues at this museum may have some "personalities" of their own. It is said that the eyes of many of the statues will follow you and some of the heads will actually turn.
8. Will Rogers High School - It is rumored that at night you can see a man in a white penguin tuxedo walking around on stage. People say it is the ghost of an old band director who died of a heart attack on stage in the 50s.
For more on the Halloween season, go to our Halloween Headquarters.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Four central Pennsylvania residents say they rescued a young bear whose head had been stuck in a plastic jar for at least 11 days.