You'll need a blender, a pizza stone, a pizza crust and a preheated oven set to 500. Remember to preheat your stone for at least 30 minutes or an hour if you can. This gives the best results for a crisp/chewy crust.
• 1 oz Basil Leaves
• 1/2 cup Pistachios
• 3/4 cups Olive Oil
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan (Romano or Pecc cans substitute)
• 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1. Add Basil and Pistachios to blender
2. Blend them to a fine grain ( kernels of nuts should not be visible, if they are blend more)
3. Add Parmesan, Olive Oil, Salt, and Garlic to Blender
4. Blend them to a fine paste
Add all of this to your pizza crust, then add mozzarella and bake till golden on the preheated stone. Usually 6 to 7 minutes.
Remember you can get dough balls from your nearest Andolini's, Owasso or Cherry Street in Tulsa.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Garth Brooks announced Monday he will embark on a world tour in 2014.