A spokesperson for a U.K. movie firm has denied reports suggesting NAOMI WATTS walked out of a radio interview while promoting her new movie DIANA last week (03Sep13).
The actress was said to have been chatting about the biopic, in which she plays tragic royal Diana, Princess Of Wales, with DJ Simon Mayo, who claimed the star abruptly left their chat with no explanation.
After the alleged incident, Mayo tweeted, "A first for me... as Naomi Watts walked out of an interview! She seemed a tad uncomfortable with the questions. Shame."
However, a representative for film company Entertainment One insists Mayo's account is false.
The rep says, "Simon Mayo acted unprofessionally following an interview last week with Naomi Watts, star of the film Diana.
"After completing the interview Simon Mayo tweeted that Naomi walked out on his interview. This was factually incorrect as she did not walk out and Simon Mayo was not even in the same room whilst interviewing Naomi."
Mayo maintains he and his team at the BBC's Radio 5 Live have now been blacklisted by Entertainment One, but he stands by his story.
He says, "We were not asking any difficult questions as the film is not about Diana's death. We did not want to talk about Diana's death... but she obviously felt uncomfortable. As I was asking questions, Naomi turned to her publicist whispered something in her ear and she got up and left. We have now been told that the film company won't let us interview any stars they have in their movies.
"I have listened back to the tape of the interview and I can see nothing wrong with it."
Watts has yet to personally comment on the incident.
Copyright WENN.com - World Entertainment News Network
Top Entertainment Headlines
Garth Brooks announced Monday he will embark on a world tour in 2014.