PAWHUSKA, Okla. - An overnight electrical fire has damaged the Osage County Historical Society building.
According to Pawhuska Fire Capt. Lloyd Arnce, the fire burned near an electrical breaker box inside a closet of the old city-owned railroad building-turned-museum.
While the fire destroyed the contents of the closet and caused some smoke damage to the rest of the building, as most of the artifacts were stored in display cases, most of the building's contents were saved.
The decades old building is closed and officials have not given any word when it will reopen.
Located at 700 Lynn Avenue, the building displays exhibits of artifacts pertaining to the Boy Scouts, Pawhuska being the site of the first Boy Scout troop in the United States, western life, pioneer life, early oil days and Native American life.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
It's not a party, but it is worth celebrating. A group of young people working together to help those in need in Bartlesville.